Friday, March 26, 2010

Top Five

eharmony.com is now my second most frequented website. My browser makes it convenient for me to instantly jump on to my five top sites as they appear in the drop down when I type the first w in the addy bar. Right now, they are - in this order - facebook, eharmony, linkedin (because I'm networking like crazy for my startup), netflix (because I started LOST!!), and thesaurus (because I write a lot these days).

I wish I had a top 5 list to speak of on eharmony, but there are four that are worth mentioning for various reasons.

1. International Affairs in the Federal Govt. Interesting. Of course well traveled and informed, loves learning about different cultures. Loved everything about his profile.
BUT,
he said, "The single most important quality I'm looking for is sweetness." I don't think the kind of guy I will have chemistry with is looking for sweetness...

2. Venture Capital Investor (ding ding ding, or suppose it's kaching ching ching - for my biz). He was a literature major and I liked his book list, which was a very eclectic range of interesting subjects. He can't live without yoga - not sure how I feel about that one yet...
BUT,
he's 5'9"

3. Cop dude. Not really my profession type but his profile literally made me laugh out loud. It was sarcastic, self-deprecating, silly, philosophical - all in one.
BUT,
he's 5'9" and he's a bit young - 31. I already teased about us being the same height and he just came back with some ridiculous silly, self-deprecating shit. Was hilarious.

4. MY DREAM CHINESE MAN!!!! Tall, good looking, in biz dev, lived in Paris for 6 years!!!
BUT,
he CLOSED COMMUNICATION on me!! How dare he!!! His reason was "our physical distance is too far." He's in Pasadena (Los Angeles area). What a narrow, unprogressive thinker. Hmmph. Distance is no obstacle for true love. Idiot. He probably only dates blondes. I did send him a final message, which you can do when someone closes comm with you. They give you a few stock responses and I chose, "I thought there was real chemistry there, I think you should reconsider." I wish there was a, "I am willing to relocate" option! Well, no response so bye bye dream Chinese man. Oh, and he plays the sax. I hate him.

Interesting how I've written the most about the one with the least, or no chance of consummation. Hmmmm.... I'm such a textbook case!

Oh, and I should try to reconnect with that PhD dude. I kind of left him hanging 6 weeks ago.

So I've gotten requests from my readers to share my profile. So here it is. Very simple. Hope you can read fine print.




And to share some more stories from one of my eHarm crimies (one of two I convinced to join - patience ladies...)

- one fellow looked like a douche, was 5'7" and put down that his job was "business owner / badass"

- another one said that reading "isn't my thing"
What? Dude, JUST LIE, YOU SOUND LIKE A TROGLODYTE

Online dating is filled with these great nuggets times hundreds of thousands so those 4 I mentioned above are diamonds in the rough.

It does take a lot of time, which is something I'm having less and less of as my start up is taking up more and more energy and mind share, which is what I was afraid of... Maybe I can find a developer and boyfriend in one! JACKPOT!!!!

2 comments:

  1. ;)

    lets see what else is out there, shall we? fyi - put my height pref to "very high" and was sent like 4 shorties in a row. Between 57" - 5'9". Its like they are punishing me or something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hosting intimate gatherings!? how come i haven't been invited yet!?

    i vote for the cop! just one date!

    ReplyDelete